James L. Kopp Memorial Scholarship
The James L. Kopp Memorial Scholarship was created to honor the first president of TxABA, who passed away November 19, 2010. During his 40-year career in Texas, his most prominent contributions to behavior analysis were as teacher and mentor at the Department of Psychology, University of Texas at Arlington. You can read more about James L. Kopp here.
The purpose of this award is to defray education-related costs or costs associated with attending the ABAI annual conference. Applicants will be chosen from the submissions to receive $500 scholarships.
The student must be listed as presenting author in a symposium or paper session at ABAI and must be a current Student Member of TxABA to be eligible.
Students who are interested in applying for a scholarship should submit:
- A synopsis of the research that they will be presenting at the ABAI conference, which must be 2 to 3 double-spaced pages with 12-pt font and 1-in. margins
- Graph(s) of completed data sets
- A reference list
- A current curriculum vitae
- Proof of enrollment in a university program as a degree-seeking student
- The email from ABAI confirming that your submission had been accepted
- Paid registration for the annual TxABA conference that occurs in the same calendar year as your ABAI presentation
The synopsis should include the purpose and importance of the research, method, and results (including graphs or other data displays). The application materials should be submitted via this application form. You may also access the form by scanning the QR code below.
Submissions are due by February 17, 2022. Winners will be announced at the awards ceremony on Saturday night of the conference.
TxABA Student Scholarship
This scholarship is to provide financial support to full-time students who would like to attend the annual TxABA conference but are unable to pay conference registration fees due to financial hardship. Recipients of the TxABA Student Scholarship will receive free student registration to the 2020 TxABA Conference. To qualify for consideration, the student must provide the following information:
- Your name, university, academic program, and name of the faculty writing a letter
- A statement describing why the scholarship is needed no longer than 1 page, single-spaced, 12 point font
- A letter of support from a faculty at the student's university
The application materials should be submitted via this form. You may also access the form by scanning the QR code below.
Submissions are be due by January 27, 2022. Recipients will be announced by March 10, 2022.